Monday, December 22, 2008

Went and saw the Nutcracker tonight.

The girls, Rob and I went to see the Nutcracker tonight. It was done by a local performing arts ballet company. Its' a school, so they're were students. I enjoyed especially the 2 or 3 yr olds that would wave to their parents.. forget where they were, forget their steps... watch to know which step... be so caught up in smiling and waving the troop would start moving and they would have to RUN to catch up... classic tv move. It was fun. My body hurt from the tiny chairs and sitting so long... I stood at intermission...but I am hurting. Worked til 12:15 today from 7:45..tomorrow could be a longer day...NOT that I want it o. But I think I will have to put in some time on Christmas Eve... I want my cook to be with her family, she has a young daughter.. the other cook... missed hers last year cause she had to cook and be there.
SO? I can do it.
Anyway... day was a lil better from the pile this morning! haha
I made peanut butter balls for the jail today...
.3C rice crispies, 2 C Peanut butter, 1 stick of butter and about a box of powder sugar ( also add a tsp of vanilla) melt the butter, and peanut butter pour on rice crispies.. add sugar and vanilla mix and crunch and form in hands... you can either let the balls chill for 3 hrs and then dip in chocolate or do like I did and roll in extra powder sugar...
only Christmas baking and it was for the jail.. lol.. the girls liked them... I used the rice crispies cause it makes it stretch, you can omit the cereal and just roll the balls...(add more sugar though) and rum extract if ya like...
ok I am tired ...heading off to the bed to have sweet dreams and wake ready to conquer the menu for Christmas! WOOT!

easy recipe and fun for the kiddos...

No comments: