Friday, December 26, 2008

In the midst of the torn wrapping and ribbons


Well Christmas has come & gone... so has the company. The tree was filled over flowing and there was no room in the inn... ok no room in my small livingroom. Santa was trapped by the colorful boxes and bows, and would surprise us with a song and a dance.





Whew!



I would like to write about just how much I enjoyed Christmas....but that wouldn't be very long. Actually that too is a lie.. I enjoyed it in a whole other way, what I didn't enjoy was how tired and sore I was, and how I missed out yet again time with family & friends... and why do ask I missed out?

I had to work..and I had to work all day... which set my mood to sad.
I asked my cook who is a young mom, which she wanted off... she was scheduled to work both days. Being a mom with a small kid I wanted to help her out. Well, she wanted the eve off since that was when they all went and did things...so cool
Well I went in at 430 in the morning, Christmas morn just to make sure it was all done and ready to go.. I prepped everything the day before. I came home at 630 to wake the house and see what Santa brought and open pressies. Expecting my cook to be in at 8, 10 at the latest. I got a text... sprained ankle.. not coming in...UGH!!!!
SO I went back at 830, left again at 1230 to 230 to have supper with the family and back to work and home again at 645!!!! :o(

yep it sucks to be boss sometimes! I cant wait to have my own restaurant one day!!!
Anyway what was cool was being with the girls ... they were all depressed away from home, but we turned it around and did such a good job on the dinner, and they wanted to bless the food. :o)


anyway. I uploaded pics on my myspace so I am too tired to finish this blog. Off to bed.

will eventually catch up. lol

No comments: